Friday 10 August 2012

Friday Ramblings

I give props to the bloggers out there who right a post every single day. I honestly don't know how they do it. I struggle to write 2-3 posts a week because I have no idea what to write about and I don't want to bore my readers. 

**

It's a dreary day here and that's kind of how I'm feeling myself. For the first time pretty much all summer, we're in for a few days straight of rain and cool temperatures. I'm OK with this since we do need it, but man does it ever put a damper on your mood! I so wish I was at home snuggled in a blanket right now. I even got an extra hour of sleep this morning, but I feel like I barely slept. I am enjoying the cooler temperature though. It will make for great running conditions this weekend and I absolutely LOVE Autumn. It's by far my favourite season and I embrace the Fall weather... if only we could bypass Winter and I'd be a happy girl. That being said.. it's only August so there's still at least 5-6 weeks of hot, summer weather left. 

This is one of the few weekends all summer that I don't really have anything planned. I'm staying at my sisters tonight and Ross and I will likely catch a movie. Ross is going to a bachelor party tomorrow evening and I'm invited to "Taste of the Danforth",  a Greek festival in Toronto, but I was actually looking forward to having the night to myself... so I may pass on the festival. My goal is to scratch a bunch of items off my baby shower/gift list this weekend.. so some shopping is in order as well. I'm kinda looking forward to my low-key weekend :)

My weight has been hovering around 250 for the past 2 weeks and I desperately want to see the 240's STAT! I'm hoping this low-key weekend will help with that.. I need to make sure to get a run in and maybe some walks AND maybe even the gym (this is highly questionable). Low-key weekends can also be bad for the diet.. gives me too much time on my hands to snack all day. I think maybe I'll cook myself a nice meal on saturday and keep myself satisfied. 


Anywho.. that's enough rambling for today. Enjoy your weekend everybody!


And because I'm in a Fall-kinda-mood, I leave with one of my favourite pictures that I took a few years ago :)




6 comments:

  1. I love fall, too! It's my favorite season, that's why I got married in September, and had a fall theme wedding! I was just thinking about how I can't wait to get apples, and pumpkins, and make some yummy soups! yay fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good, relaxing weekend. I'm digging that picture to the right of you in the medal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is coming sooo fast! I hate that summer is over but I do love Fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that is a really nice picture! Though I have to disagree with you in something...WINTER ROCKS!!! hahaha don't blame me, summer down at my hometown is awful I get totally depressed as I sweat just by breathing.

    Have a good week!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My summers here (in the desert) are so hot. I am sooo ready for the fall, too!

    I'm trying to blog more as well. Sometimes the days just don't seem to have enough hours...or events. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!