Tuesday 4 September 2012

Long Weekend Recap

Oh how I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule. I've been staying at my sisters all week while my parents are here visiting, which means I've been sleeping on an air matres for a week. I'm also allergic to their cats so I've been waking up all stuffy each morning - not fun! 

I wish I could say that I stayed on track all weekend and didn't go overboard with eating, but I didn't :(  With my birthday, my parents being here and their being an abundance of food around, I've been eating way too much and too often. I'm kind of glad to be at work today just so I can avoid the food temptations. All this eating has also made me feel really blah and combine that with the allergies and it's not a fun combination

I was going through some pictures that were taken over the weekend and a few of them made me realize how far I still have to go in this weight loss journey. I've done well so far, but I'm nowhere near where I need to be and pictures are often a good reminder of that. 

All that being said, I had a great birthday weekend with friends and family and I've been having a great time with my parents. Their here until Sunday and on Friday we're having a baby shower for my sister. I'm determined to stay on track for the rest of the week. I've packed a normal amount of food for lunch today and I'm staying at my house for the next two nights so the temptations will be limited. I also plan to get some runs in as I have two 5K races coming up!

I hope everyone had a great Labour Day weekend. I leave you with some pictures that I took yesterday at the Zoo :)






I just love these little guys









My Favourite



2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday!! I went crazy this weekend too and feel about 30 lbs.heavier, but i'm back on track now. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It's amazing how a weekend off track can make you feel that way. I'm back on track too and it feels much better :)

      Delete

I love comments!